Monday, July 24, 2006

Weekend stuff

My week ended and boy was I exhausted! I had Finn for a few hours and the baby and even though everything went smoothly, by the time everyone went home (they were both picked up by 4) I was so wiped out! My feet and legs have been hurting lately and so I put on my running shoes to give me more support on my arches, but it didn't remedy the situation. I figured I needed a good rest and this was the perfect weekend to do just that. By Saturday afternoon I was feeling better and Jack was invited to a friends house and S was going to be staying the night at a friends, so Clint and I figured we could go out w/ just creaky and do some Ikea wandering. It ended up Jack nor S went w/ friends but opted to stay home while we headed out.

Ikea was an experience that I'm glad I finally got to check out. I've always wanted to buy a dresser there for the boys, but there was never a store nearby. I was able to touch and feel and see the dresser w/ my own eyes and it's made from cheap stuff, but I think it will do the job. The price is not bad for the quality. That will be something we will have to buy at another time though. We ended buying a colorful rug for the living area - it so does not go w/ our decor, but it will do for the daycare look and it was very inexpensive. It makes a difference having a rug on the hardwood floors, Crispin will sit down and read books or just sit on it and play. I had one in the basement, that I brought up a few weeks ago, it makes it softer for putting the baby under the soft mobile type thing. That one was so little and it looked awkward and it needed a rug grippper to make it stay in one place. I bought another cheap like rug for the boys room now that they have a TV in there. I can't believe I let them have a TV in their room. Everytime they have asked, I would say when you move out you can have your own. They have shown us through out the years, they can divide up their time and not be stuck to any one thing. So, I don't think the TV will be too big of an issue. I'm in the TV mood too, so I am all about sitting in front of it when I have a chance and that is usually when it's bed time.

Clint is working at Motor Meals today and both Jack and I were reluctant to let him out of the house. It's easy to get used to him being home, we are able to sit and have all our meals together and I'm able to intereact w/ an adult through out the day. I better get my fill because when school starts i'm flying solo. I'm not dreading it as much as I was a few months ago. I hope to start some pre-school curriculum M-W after I take some time off when the baby comes. I still hope to have my Thurs and Fri off, but we will see. Clint is going to be super busy this coming semester, but he thrives on that.

I need to get the baby up or else she will sleep and sleep all day. Her mama will be here to nurse in a few minutes.

6 Comments:

Blogger Joxer's Human said...

Oh.. I am sooo jealous!. IKEA is the best store ever!! (for the price).. That's where I got the bathroom cabinets that I still need to install and where I'll, someday when I can afford it, get the stuff to redo the kitchen... I need to go there and get a book shelf, but that trek to Seattle just isn't something I want to do more than 5 times a week..

11:10 AM  
Blogger TLC said...

I bet your cabinets are lovely! We enjoyed seeing all the models of kitchens and bathrooms. Friends of ours were at Ikea on Sat too (we didn't see them while we were there) but on Sun. they were tearing down their old kitchen and getting ready to install a whole new Ikea one. I can't wait to see what it looks like. That's a great store for that kind of thing.

Too bad your Ikea isn't a hop, skip and jump away like ours - your casita is really looking good these days!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Joxer's Human said...

I wish I had their motivation.. I bought my cabinets in September, and they're still in the boxes... But it's on my to do someday list.. From what I can remember, they're quite lovely.... :)

11:38 AM  
Blogger leaner said...

LOL!
Our IKEA is a hop, skip and jump from us. (so close maybe 10 miles?) But I never venture in there with the girls! I know I could LEAVE Rhayn, and eat some meatballs...

Geesh- get some motivation, Alex's human! LOL It always feels so good when you finish a project you have had for a while!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Joxer's Human said...

Woo Hoo!! They broke ground on the Portland Ikea today.. Next summer I'll be able to shop without the day long trip, and at a store without sales tax to boot..

leaner- Dang, woman. Get off my back already :) Besides I still have a month before g'ma and my mom come for a visit..

4:29 AM  
Blogger TLC said...

Hot dog! Your house will be all snazzy in no time now!!

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home