Monday, July 10, 2006

Target called...

Target called and said they needed my money. Do I sound as facetious as gra'ma Carter? She always says that when she calls but instead of Target it's Walmart.

I went into Target on Sat. to buy a new cordless phone. I zapped mine - don't even ask. and instead of plucking the 30 bucks down for one, I chose not too. I was excited to buy batteries and nothing else. BUT then I went through the end caps of the bedding aisles and fell in love. I've been wanting some new sheets for my Sept. baby but it wasn't a priority. When I had Crispin, I put on my "grody" sheets on my bed so if they got stained or something, I wouldn't care. We ended up not using the bed and so the sheets were saved. Now, those sheets are my favorite and they are now called my "crispin sheets" and I put them on our bed for his b-day. So, I wanted to buy another set to have for Sept. My other 2 sheet sets are my favorites and I would be a bit bummed if they got ruined. So, at target I find a duvet and it's at a decent price (15 bucks for a king!) Just before we left for vacation I washed my sheets and comforter so we could come home to nice clean bed. The night we got home, whatever chocolate dessert we had got on Crispin's foot and of course all over my comforter. We didn't notice till the morning, so there I go again in washing the thing and putting it out to dry outside. So, a duvet was something that I had put on my long list of stuff. Jack found the matching sheet set and that too was on clearance for $15 bucks! I know I shouldn't have spent the money, but while I was pondering it, I asked "what would mom do?" She would think I was a thrify shopper and would have approved! I am pretty happy w/ my purchase and the sacrifice is I have to be tethered to the phone if I get a phone call.

3 Comments:

Blogger tif-do said...

Wow, I can't believe, how fast(to me it seems fast) it's all going, you'll have a new little one very soon. Sometimes we have to buy something new. It's good therapy.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. PLEASE e-mail me at:

michele (dot) melendez (at) newhouse (dot) com

You mentioned in an earlier post (Sept. 23, 2005) that you were at the first Lollapalooza, and I'd love to ask you about the experience. Thanks!

-- Michele

2:49 PM  
Blogger leaner said...

Great deal! And I LOVE that! It wouldn't go in our room, but I love in nonetheless.
I put these sheets on the bed for Bug's birth because I didn't like them, and she was born there, so now when I see them, I totally think of that time.I think they will make it into a quilt for her someday.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home