Monday, April 03, 2006

Placenta brain, soccer is here and so are the terrible two's?

I'm going to blame all my forgetfullness on having a mush for a brain right now, but I think I have always had one!

I had it in my head that I need to take a meal to Keri and her family on Friday, March 29. I had originally thought it was LAST friday, but then I checked the calendar and saw I was okay but I got it stuck in my head it was the following Friday. I had plan to try out the Chicken Divan from the Eating Well 'zine. So, I go out and get everything I need and plan my day accordingly on Friday. I kept telling Creaky he would see Abby after nap and when the boys got home. He loves that girl (besides Julia) and is always asking for her. So, I call Keri and tell her we are on our way and she says, "uh, okay - are you coming to play or to bring a meal?" I told her to bring a meal and she said Amy is on her way to bring a meal too. I'm all like, "what, did amy get her dates wrong?" Mind you, I am the ONE that put the schedule together, so I go and check and I'm like, "amy isn't suppose to bring a meal till the 31st!" Keri, "it is the 31st today because tomorrow is the first." I feel like a schmuck! I forgot to take her a meal on WEDNESDAY! I apologize profusely and she said they were fine and dandy w/ leftovers and didn't even miss it.

My meal is hot and tell her I will take it anyway because Creaky wants to play. We get there and Amy is there dropping off her meal, but I don't think she knows I was there to bring a second meal. It worked out because Amy's meal was a frozen family lasagna and could be put in the freezer for later eating and my meal was ready to eat. So that was my first "doh!" moment this weekend but it worked out just fine.

Clint went out of town for an Alpha Course retreat on Sat. and would be back Sunday and be at the 11 o'clock service. I had signed up to do bake sale on Sat.night, so I told him I couldn't meet him at 11 because I would have already gone to church the night before. (and it's not fun running after creaky the whole time) He said that was fine and we would see each other when he got home. All day Saturday I had it in my head I had the bake sale to do and planned my day accordingly as well. I get Creaky to take a nap and as soon as he wakes up, we are out the door.

I get to church and realize that the bake sale isn't until NEXT weekend! I know this - we always have them on the second weekend of the month and today was the first! So, we borrow a cell phone and order a pizza for dinner and leave. We were able to surprise Clint the next day and meet him at the 11. Creaky was a trooper and stayed in the nursery and I was able to sit in the sanctuary w/out running after him! He kept asking for Abby, but she was at the 9:30 service and was leaving and he still stayed in there w/ out anyone.

So, my brain is not working at all and leaner the diapers are still sitting in my basement because I totally forgot about sending them to you! I don't have a big enough box and was supposed to look for one in the recycling area and spaced it! I don't know when I will have a chance to look since I will a daycare kid till Wed.

Creaky is awake and sounds like he is helping himself to a bowl of cereal w/ one roller blade on. I should go and help or help myself by keeping the mess to a minimum!

more about soccer and terrible two's - was just saying how much fun creaky was and then we hit this wall of screaming and going limp! Give me strength!

2 Comments:

Blogger tif-do said...

I know what you mean about the going limp terrible twos- the other day Dad was here, and we were up the street, and Kasey was being wild so Dad offered to bring her home, I told him he better take the car, he said "why she'll walk, won't she?" I said "no, really, you should drive the car" He said he would be okay, he grabbed Kasey's hand and they didn't take five steps when her legs buckled back and she layed in the middle of the sidewalk, to which he said "I guess we'll drive."

8:38 AM  
Blogger Elise said...

Collin hit the terrible twos early. He SCREAMS in retaliation to any form of no we use. i am fearing when the limp thing is going to happen

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home