Monday, March 20, 2006

A boy is Weaned!

3 nights and 4 days of no te-ta! He doens't even ask for it. YAY! All the stars were aligned, perfect words chosen and perfect antics were used to get Creaky to sleep w/ out nursing. We bought a glider chair and that has made a difference for when he does wake up at night and we need to get him to sleep. Last night he woke up at about 12:30 and I got him back to sleep quickly and he slept till about 7 this morning. I had to be up because Alan was coming or else he probably would have been put to sleep again. Mom called and was so happy to hear he was on the road to being weaned w/ minimal resistance. She said she was worried about my health. She's funny sometimes. I guess I do paint a pretty desperate picture of how run down I feel. I wish I could say I feel better these days, but no - I still have moments of sickies. Last night, I don't know what triggered it but I got sick for no reason and up came my dinner and all the other food I had that day. You don't ever want chile colorado and rice coming back up but since is was the last thing I ate, it exited pretty quickly and didn't burn too bad. I was just about to eat a bowl of oatmeal, so I was at least grateful it happened when it did or else I would have been pretty upset if I had to think of something else to eat after just eating. I think I waited too long to eat again and my stomach was pretty upset from that. I had gone to Angie's house for Shelly's first b-day party and ate all sorts of yummy stuff and then didn't eat again till almost 8. Too long of a wait.

My Jackie celebrated his 9th b-day on Saturday. He's a sweetie pie and I hope he had a good day. We coerced him into picking A&W in Dexter for lunch, since it's a good place to eat w/ a little one - we eat in our car and he's all buckled in. HOw's that for having him contained? We also talked Jackie into eating PIzza house pizza instead of yucky Dominoes. I think I just need to stay away from ALL pizza because that was still pretty crappy pizza in my opinion and it was EXPENSIVE! Anyway, Jackie had a good day and we all enjoyed it w/ him.

That's it for now - would love to go back to sleep or at least lay down, but it's about that time in the day where you have to get moving. I guess it's more like that time for me to eat again. Nothing sounds good though and I just brushed my teeth. Blech!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mid-life Midwife said...

wow! how exciting! i'm so happy, for you, that he's weaned. it should help a bit. i'm sorry you're still sick. maybe one more week? are you 15 weeks now?
glad jack had a good birthday. the last time we went to Pizza House I was disappointed too, and then sarah had to get sick on the car on the way home. Thinking, Damn! We just spent $45 on dinner and it's all over the back seat!
yayaya! Crispin's weaned!
i've been contemplating getting eamon to sleep in sarah's room. need to get a Sear's book about that

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home