Tuesday, March 14, 2006

We are Mini-van owners!

I purchased our "new" van yesterday - sold our bucket of bolts all within the same hour! Wheelin' and dealin' at the Carters.

I have to admit - I am pretty scared about driving that big thing around. I'm already on hyper-vigilant mode when driving the volky and that is low and little. I promise Alex's human that I will not cut off any truckers and I will not put any Bush stickers on our van. I will not be THAT kind of mini-van driver. Also, I don't want to lose my standing in being a safe good driver in the eyes of G'ma! I will get photos when this weather decides to cooperate. Yesterday was a beautiful 70 degrees and today is a miserable yuckola windy cold day. I have to pick up S from practice later or else I wouldn't even venture out there.

Things are going well over here. I'm still feeling like crap and getting pretty tired of it. Gatorade - Fruit Punch has been my liquid savior. I thought I was feeling better, so I stopped drinking it and took a turn for the worse! I wish it was something better than gatorade that I was hooked on like fruit smoothies w/ added kelp or something. Gatorade? poo poo! I had such a great dinner last night that I went to bed feeling great, but woke up at about 3:30 starving. I hate that my whole life revolves around eating, especially because nothing sounds good. wah wah wah, i know but it's my blog and I can whine if I want to!

alright, need to see what creaky boy is up to. yesterday i let him hang out downstairs while I waited for him to come up and he tore almost every key off the laptop! I could hear it but I knew it was shut and didn't think he could open it. Everyday I am proved wrong by this kid!
Oh - last week we were out playing and he said "squirrels eat nuts" and held up an acorn. I understood him pretty well. We see squirrels all the time eating nuts, so it wasn't like he put the two together on his own or else I would be signing him up for MENSA!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mid-life Midwife said...

i loooooved our mini van~ you know this. and honestly, i find the volvo wagon more cumbersome to drive than the van. i'm so glad everything fell into place for you all on this.

7:04 AM  
Blogger leaner said...

Oh, those rambunctious kids! I remember Rhayn doing all sorts of "bad" things if we didn't watch her 24/7. Now she is great, and so independent. Bug is so much calmer, she only tries to crawl to get the cats! LOL

I lived off of gatorade, too, to keep hydrated. I tried shakes/smooties and eww. Although it wasn't fruit punch- bleck my least favorite flavor!

Go ahead and bitch and moan, we all do, and yes, its your blog, so your perogative! (Plus, I actually enjoy reading that everyone isn't all happy and hunky dory with life! Does that make me a sicko?! LOL)

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home