Saturday, March 04, 2006

Sonny made it home in one piece!

S came home last night and said he had the best time! He never once did ski, they stuck to the snowboarding. He and Y had private lessons and he says he is so much better at stopping and other things. I'm glad I bought those snowboards at the rummage sale last year because S said it was perfect and the boots fit him well. I almost didn't want to spend the $25 on the two, but I knew Clint would have been like, "turn around let me kick you in the seat of your pants!" He's sore and sleeping in today. I'm so happy he was able to go and do some real snowboarding and not this 15 yards of slope before you stop and have to unbuckle just to go back up. Hopefully, he will pass on what he learned to J and then they will both turn pro in a few short years - minus the broken bones and missing teeth. Okay, forget I said that because I don't think I could watch them doing crazy stunts and flying way up.

Ms. Keri had her baby. Another baby girl. Josie will be her little name. I LOVED her labor story. She was getting worried about having the baby next Tues. since it was her hubby's biggest day of the year at school and he didn't want to miss. Thursday ended up being a snow day in his school district because of freezing rain! He was able to be home all day w/ his laboring wife. She was a trooper for staying home as long as she wanted - doing her "labor chores" of vacuuming, diaper laundry and baking muffins. She finally went in at 7 pm and had her baby at 8:52 pm! She pushed for less than 2 min. which totally beats the 3.5 hours of pushing she did w/ her first. In her email, she sounded so elated and thankful for how it all worked out. I get to be the point person for arranging her 8 weeks of meals or whatever else she may need from us. I know when we talked on Wed. she was feeling like she didn't want to bother anyone w/ anything since for the most part it wasn't a big deal that she had a baby, compared to the other things that are going on w/ some of the women in our group. I know I will have to be pretty firm w/ her about us providing whatever she would like or else she will say she is set and nothing is needed at this time.

Weather has been super cold - freezing. It's not fun. If I don't have to leave the house, I don't. Clint has had research papers to turn in all week. What a break for him. What a break for J. He's the one that has had to suffer w/ absolutely nothing to do. T was out of town for the week and it was way to cold to go outside and play. He did get a new video game that was on clearance for $6 and he's been happily playing w/ that since Thurs.

Creaky wears a police helmet and grabs his football and runs around. It's so cute. He also has started singing different words for the bamba. Like he will say "ma ma mamba" or "cheese cheese cheeseba" We need to get him on video soon before he stops.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joxer's Human said...

And you need to get another video together.. I still put that dvd you sent me in from time to time and miss you... Hope you get some better weather over there soon. It's beautiful here today, though I'm sure it's just waiting to rain again while Carter's here.. Love ya!

12:39 PM  
Blogger leaner said...

Sounds like S had a good time! I never got to go snowboarding and I lived in CO for a winter. I remember this hot guy telling me he'd take me but we only ever ended up partying. Then he broke his leg, and well- I wasn't about to do that! (Because if I broke my leg- I had no health insurance AND I wasn't with my mommy. lol)

lucky alex's human gets a visit from carter, haha. i never even see him!

there are little things that Rhayn used to do or say that I wish I had video of. Like her saying "woots" for feet and when she was obsessed with going outside "with Bear Feets!"
I love listening to her, and sometimes trying to figure out what she means. But I don't have enough video of her.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home