Wednesday, February 15, 2006

PINK EYE!!!!

Monday, Creaky woke up w/ the most jacked up looking face. He had buggers from ear to ear and he couldn't open his eyes. I just thought he rubbed his buggers all over his face and wiped him up and started the day. Clint was the one that looked up the info online and thought we should call the Dr. to make sure he wasn't dealing w/ an ear or sinus infection. Good call - dad! I called and they were able to get him in in the next 30 minutes. Which was perfect because Clint skipped his first class and could get him in while I stayed home w/ the daycare girls.

When Clint got back he said, creaky was fine as far as ears and nose but that he had conjunctivitis - pink eye! I freaked out! I was just thinking how this kid hadn't left the house in days! Poor kid! So, we get all the daycare kids sent home and just spend the day lounging around w/ his swollen face. I have my suspicions of where he might have gotten it from - one from taking a bath w/out dad cleaning out the bath tub. I'm not a clean freak, but things like that freak me out - I would NEVER put him in the bath unless I scrubbed it w/ cleaner and made sure it was sanitized. I would never get in the bath w/out doing that either! That's my one hunch of where he picked it up from. Clint gave him a bath Sunday afternoon while I worked the bake sale at church.

I'm feeling pretty okay. Yesterday was pretty bad for me, I don't know why but it wasn't until the evening that I felt better. I got calls from the daycare moms, they wanted to see how I was doing and not at all concerned about their kids coming back and when. It was very nice of them, one offered to order us a pizza for dinner even. It made my day. I know Clint jokingly thinks I am playing this thing out, but if I could turn it off easily I would! I do start to think about people who have commited suicide because they are always in pain and I think I understand where they are coming from. If this was the rest of my life, I think I would be knocked out on some hard core drugs.

Today is Clint's b-day. The boys are so excited to celebrate and wrap up their presents they bought for him. Clint's meal will be wings ordered from Mr. Spots, since his favorite wing place shut down. I have been having these crazy cravings for those wings from the place that shut down lately. Slade said, "I hope I get to benefit from your pregnancy cravings because I want Wingstop too!" I hope Mr. Spot's is good because I don't want to mess around w/ dinner tonight. I bought Clint's cake from trader joes - the same one I got from my b-day! I bought some yummy strawberries to go w/ it. I hope I can stomach a slice for dessert tonight!

I have been so concerned w/ tuna lately because the other day I had a tuna sandwich that I made w/ boiled eggs and I felt like a million bucks all day. I want to make more but I am afraid of the contaminents that I might be ingesting. In today's New York Times, there is an article written just for me and my concerns. Unfortunately, the tuna that I did stock up on the other day, is the kind that I should avoid - White Alabacore chunk. I need to get chunk light or salmon. I stood in the tuna aisle at trader joe's yesterday for a good 5 minutes just staring and ended up walking away. Now, I know what to look for.

Creaky just woke up and is in total good spirits! His eyes seem ten times better! He's asking for Julia - one of the daycare girls. Those two have a thing for each other!

2 Comments:

Blogger leaner said...

Happy Birthday to Clint! Its my mom's b-day, too!
Glad you found something that hits the spot. I remember that, I would stock up on it, and then be disgusted by it the next day. LOL
Have a nice day, and wings sound GGGRRREEEAAATTT to me too!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Pen-nut said...

Hope the your little one feels better soon. Pink Eye isn't fun.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home