Friday, January 27, 2006

WHEW! Glad that has passed!

Okay, so yesterday was a bummer but today I feel like a million bucks! I'm pretty sure yesterday was so crappy from a lack of sleep. I got a good night's sleep last night and Crispin was an angel for me too.

Yesterday, I got the idea that I could go visit my mom and grandma w/out anyone...just me all alone for like 4 days. Leave Crispin here and if he's not weaned by then, then 4 days without me might get him weaned. On Tuesday, after Slade's concert I had to go clean, so I didn't get home till almost 10. Guess who fell asleep w/ out any problems...yup, that little one. So, I know he can do it. I know Clint can do it too. Clint said something about taking Crispin with me because my mom will want to see him. I'm like she's not grandmotherly so It's not like that - Heck she was never motherly to begin with. It would drive me nuts if she tried to make that up w/ outdoing herself as a grandmother. If the boys ever question this, I will just lay it down for them saying they are lucky that she is even in their life. Meaning, I had the worst childhood you could imagine and I have chosen to forgive and go forward and she has stepped up to the plate, by not denying or passing blame. That is a stronger message than if we all pretended everything was peachy. It's boring at her house and she knows it and is pretty much i am what i am - it is what it is. You gotta love that honesty.

So, anyway I called my mom this morning and told about my plan and she was so excited. Of course she asked if Crispin was coming and I told her no but maybe I could get him weaned by doing that. In all her honesty, she thought it was a good idea because she feels he's a bit of a chiple (spoiled) She is what she is.
She said she would pay for it or at least help as much as she could. I just need to find a good airfare or else I won't go. I won't pay a ridiculous amount because I know there are deals out there - it just takes time and planning. I would go in May or later. I would love to go in May, as it's my favorite month and my grandma's b-day. I can't miss Crispin's b-day though. So, I would take June just as well. I'm so excited! Clint will be done with school and have the time to be home to take care of the boys...should I leave the daycare open for him too? Nah!

9 Comments:

Blogger tif-do said...

Nothing beats the blues, as planning for something exciting, I hope you can find good tickets and can go visit your family.

7:38 AM  
Blogger leaner said...

I hope you get to go, you deserve a trip.
Spring/May is my seasonal depression time, I almost always get the blues then. I think it was "summer is starting and school is letting out" blues. I hated summer! (its not so bad now, its the same, this summer is rhayn's last before school, WAH! My baby is nearly kindergarten age!)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Mid-life Midwife said...

I think that would be so awesome for you to do! I look at your life and think, Wow! She never has any alone time! (just hit me when you explained how you ALL go grocery shopping together! would make me CRAZY!) ;)
Going to NM would be so great. And also so meaningsful w/o children. Reconnecting with your women. I can't articulate, but it seems something with a lot of spiritual potential.
And chiple? Spoiled? Oh heavens, puh-lease! This is what we crazy mamas call: "mothering" or "nurturing"! And how about that little bro of yours?! Okay, I'm ruining a perfectly good and loving comment!
I think it would be a trip well deserved!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Pen-nut said...

Hope you get to go that would be loads of fun for you.

4:41 PM  
Blogger TLC said...

MLM - I have to say that the times I sit on the couch w/ you on the phone for an hour while Clint is cleaning the kitchen and making dinner is MY time or the times that the boys engage Crispin in some activity for an hour or so while Clint and I cook a dinner together is OUR time. So, I don't do much complaining about not having any time alone as this is our life at the moment and I am just happy that our house isn't as crazy as others, so that I can even have that much uninterrupted time. As for all of us going grocery shopping - If I had to plan the meals AND shop for them alone (or w/ kids in tow) that is when I would start whining up a storm! I couldn't handle all that and all the other little things. We do everything together until the boys are old enough to stay home alone (if they choose) -Clint and I need some F2F time and if this is one of the only ways we can get it in then that's just how it will be.

As for my mom - I know I will be a mother to grown kids someday and will say shit that will drive them crazy - I just pray they will have the same resilience as I have had w/ my mom and not jump down my throat every stupid comment I make.
As for my lil bro - they have only done him a disservice or shall I say his future wife a disservice!

5:30 PM  
Blogger TLC said...

Oh I have to add - one of my first thoughts when I found out I was PG and knowing we might not be able to afford a bigger vehicle was "oh crap - we won't all get to go grocery shopping together!" The thought of being stuck at home while clint shopped or me having to shop w/ a 2.5 year old and an infant almost made me faint! I think I've been spoiled by never having to do it all. It doesn't make me less of a mother, right? Just a saner one probably?...

6:09 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

i hope you find a great deal! you go girl. i have been dreaming about a solo vacation for years now. whoohoo! i am excited for you.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

oh, and i am not even goign to get into the mothers and thier comments thing.... ;)

12:11 PM  
Blogger Loli Go said...

Si se Puede!

And I'll let you know if I see any good deals out there...
Right now my friend just weened her little one off her leche and it's been tough, but it happened! She slowly and gradually did it with her starting 6 mos. ago and it is finally official. The baby even says, "Dee - I'm a big girl. No more mommy's milk!" But when her mom walks in, she says, "Mommy, I'm a baby! I want some milks!" Hee. Hee.

Love you!

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home