Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A friend for Cri-Cri- - Friend for Mama

I just had a "first" playdate with a new mom I met at church. She has a son almost the same age as Creaky. She's married with one child and they just moved here from Atlanta. She's WAY cool - a super-fly dresser and is about my age. I know I shouldn't pick friends because they are cool dressers. I've met some women in my moms' group that I thought I would not have anything in common with. Either they were too rigid or too educated or even too stress like. But they all have turned out to be some of my good friends. Some are so funny, that I die laughing when we are together. Maybe that is part of growing up - it's no longer cool to be catty and snippy. Maybe I just don't attract those kinds of friends anymore. Anyway, we had a great time chatting in between keeping the kids from knocking each other out w/ legos or kiddie size brooms and mops. I wanted to make chocolate chip oatmeal cookies before she got here but didn't, so I made them while she was here which was a bit much because she was supposed to stay for lunch and I was preparing pizza and orzo spinach salad. The kids had been snacking since they got here and her son was ready to leave before lunch was ready. It worked out just fine because Clint was home and we were able to sit and eat lunch together.

There is an opportunity to become a Community Aide here at family housing. Mostly you plan community activities w/ other CA's and be helpful to the people in your community. They had a position open last semester but it was in Northwood 5 and that would mean the boys would have had to change schools. NO WAY! I don't know if Clint is going to apply or he wants me to apply. Either way I know we would work together. The WOW factor is FREE RENT! The downside is you have to move into the 3 bedroom assigned place. YUCK on moving in the winter! I screwed up and thought the meeting for more info was tonight but it was LAST night. Deadline is approaching fast!

That's it for now. I had a great day w/ my new friend, she seems like someone I could hang out with - maybe even our hubbies would enjoy getting together too. Oh the possibilites. One day at at time...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Careful with putting prospective friends through the super-fly dresser test. I tried that once and found that no ammount of cool clothes could mask the hideous beast that wore them.. Sadly, it was a lesson learned too late... Now I just put them through the "are you sure you don't suck" test.. Unfortunately, most people seem to fail that one..

3:55 PM  
Blogger TLC said...

You know I haven't had any sucky friends in a long time. I've had friends that drank way too much and then puked all over the carpet and then tried to get in bed w/ me and clint and also got us detained briefly by the canadian border but other than that she was a cool chick when she wasn't drunk. I thought I was safe w/ her being a mother and all. I guess we were all in the space of "self-medicating" I guess friends since then know how to handle themselves a bit better!

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home