Saturday, January 14, 2006

What's fer dinner - - Part Two

Thanks for all the recipes and ideas. We are so excited to try them out. I also received two magazines this week - chock full of new and enticing recipes. We will have the boys pick out two each and we will try them out this month.

Last night while chatting away with Val, out of the blue she asked if I knew what those cheese sandwiches from the pima relief society were. I had to laugh because a few weeks ago, I told Clint I wanted those sandwiches from the reunion. Val said she had a craving for them and she and her friends would eat them w/ soup. When Clint got home we got to making some for dinner. He confessed those sandwiches used to be one of his favorite meals that he would request for his b-day. I still marvel at how grated cheese, tomato sauce, bell pepper, onion, black olives and hard boiled eggs came together to make a sandwich. What a combo!

I'm following in Hayduke's fashion and changing the names to our boys. This is the age they start to google each other and we wouldn't want them to come across some things dad wrote. We are trying to get Abbey to start doing his own podcasts on all the books he reads. He won't have anything to do with it. He looked at us like we were nuts and lame. Oh- but he would rather join synchronized swimming and be the only boy on the team. He's got charm to do either one but podcasting sounds cooler to me. What do I know? This is the age where it all starts for us as parents to be lame on certain subjects. A few weeks later he will come home and say he wants to do podcasting and act like it was his very own idea or he'll want to do it because his friends are doing it. What can you do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home