Monday, December 19, 2005

WHAT’S IN YOUR OVEN?

It’s that time of year where all the yummy recipes come out. I’m usually a sucker for trying out new ones at this time. Clint will buy Women’s Day or Family Circle magazines just because the dessert on the cover looks good. This past weekend, I tried out a cookie recipe which was something that was like a sesame almond crisp. It was a hit! Everyone loved and it was simple to make. Just yesterday, I tried out a bread recipe that Gra’ma Carter sent to me this week called “ Pineapple, Orange and Coconut Bread w/ Pineapple Glaze” It was a hit at my moms’ group. I will be making that again! The all-time-favorite-must-have-cookie’s that are part of Christmas around here are – Almond thumb print cookies with either apricot or raspberry filling. It’s been a favorite since we have moved to MI. Aunt Lynda sent the recipe and if you want it then HOUND her for it – I’m sure she will give it! It’s a recipe that everyone wants once they taste them. We never just make one batch and it’s another cookie that everyone in the house loves. I will be making Pecan Pie for Clint this year. We always buy one from Costco, but he thinks I didn’t know how to make them. I let the cat out of the bag when he was telling his mom that I didn’t know how. So, that means I have to get one made for him this year or here about it later.

Share your favorite recipes for candy, cookies, bread or pies – whatever has to be had or else it ‘ain’t Christmas without.’

5 Comments:

Blogger leaner said...

stuffed french toast!
you take 2 packages of cream cheese, 12 slices of bread, a couple eggs and 1/3 cup maple syrup mix eggs and syrup and pour over the bread and cream cheese (cubed and placed in a 9X13 pan) refrigerate overnight and place in over at 350 for 30 mins on CHristmas morning!
Serve HOT and drenched in syrup!

My mom always made oyster stew and clam chowder for Christmas eve... i miss those.
THen there is also cookies, and breads and all the stuff i haven't made because I have spent the past few weeks RUNNING like a chicken with my flippin' head cut off!
(tomorrow I SWEAR I am baking if I can get the house cleaned this morning.)

7:48 AM  
Blogger tif-do said...

I made my first pecan pie this year at moms. Then I tried again for a church party and I got distracted and burnt it, maybe next time I will get it right. The only goodie we ever make is dipped pretzels, the kids can do it and I like that. I don't like the whole baking thing. My things never turn out very good. Oh well. That french toast sounds yummy!!!

11:03 AM  
Blogger abeNanna said...

Peanut Kiss cookies
Easy and a got to have at our house
1 c peanut butter
1 c sugar
1 egg
Mix well, roll into small balls and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Take out of the oven and put a chocolate kiss (unwrapped of course) in the middle of each. Even Tif-do could make these!!

4:45 PM  
Blogger leaner said...

tif-do- it is yummy and SOOOO easy! Try it sometime!

today I have to make sugar cookies, and gingerbread (but we use the Krusteaz mix its delicious!)

8:47 AM  
Blogger Briep said...

My mom found this recipe this year and it is now my favoite bread. I think it is so good!

http://bread.allrecipes.com/az/76175.asp

It is called Cinnamon Bread Delight

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home