Friday, December 09, 2005

It's over!


The saga I have been living with since summer is over! Crispin had his dental appt. today and all his teeth were saved! No need for them to pull any and he had 1 inciscor capped with a resin cap (i think that is what it's called - white on the front and silver in back) He was put under oral sedation and then numbed up. It was about a good hour of work done. The dentist was AWESOME! He's this old school looking man with a nice head of hair and sweet as pie. He didn't harp on me for nursing like the first dentist I saw back in June - a women to boot! He said it looked like more of a developental issue in utero. Maybe some kind of mineral deficiency. If it had anything to do with NOT taking my prenatal vitamins or drinking milk - I am guilty! Crispin is doing super after taking a really long nap. He's back to himself and his teeth look great.

I am overjoyed right now. I was trying my best to come to terms with Crispin looking like a hockey player for the next 6 or so years. I prayed and asked my moms' group for prayer as well. Knowing we were held up in prayer is what kept me from losing my mind and beating myself up. Plus, I joined a yahoo group and learned a ton but was also freaked out from some the horror stories.

Okay, gotta run and pick up our car from the shop. Clint broke the handle off and we just got that fixed. Oh and we had a nice amount of snow dumped on us last night and we had an official snow day today!

****Pictures courtesy of Jack - he loves taking pictures of him. I'm thankful because if it was up to me I would make sure he had a clean face and clothes first - then it would never get done!*******

3 Comments:

Blogger leaner said...

What a horrific event for a little guy! I am glad he is fine. I don't quite "get" what was wrong with his teeth to being with....?
How could nursing effect his teeth? (Wouldn't it be worse for him to have a bottle in his mouth all day? Especially with soda in it... grrrr - pet peeve of mine!)
Cute pics! Rhayn loves taking pics of Bug, too! Lovey older siblings!

5:08 PM  
Blogger TLC said...

They are cute pics of the little guy - even with a dirty face and dirty shirt! I will email you later the story of Crispin's teeth Saga! I am just happy it's over with and I didn't want to blog about it because it was already consuming my mind every minute!

7:22 PM  
Blogger leaner said...

Totally understand.
I have had things I didn't blog about (well I wrote the post, but never published them... I have a few of them as drafts.)

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home