Monday, November 28, 2005

Snow, Thanksgiving Fun and White Noise (and the wonderful sleep that accompanies it)


Wednesday before Thanksgiving we get snow! Without TV and not paying attention to weather.com – I was a bit shocked that it kept snowing and snowing all day long. Finally at about 5, we were able to go out for sledding. Crispin LOVED it. Our neighbors that moved away a few weeks ago gave us a nice little sleigh-like sled.(silly me - I let jack and his friend use it and now crispin has to ride on it backwards - i knew it would happen but didn't want to be the mean mamma!) Crispin just flew down the hill and when I caught up to him, he gave me the sign for “more.” So over and over again we went down the hill behind our place. He cried when it was time to come inside. The older boys enjoyed snowboarding and it was beautiful. Not too cold even.

We spent Thanksgiving with one of the coolest people I know. I am continually amazed at how awesome this person is. She leaves me awestruck every time we meet. We spent the entire dinner laughing – I had a stomachache from so much laughter. Needless to say, it was a great day but man alive, it was COLD! So cold that our handle to our car door broke off! It was frozen shut and Clint tried to pull it open and he only managed to break off the handle. I tell you – this car was a princess in it’s former life!

This weekend we bought 2 cool mist humidifiers and besides the nice mist it gives out it also has a nice white noise that lets me sleep through anything! I feel like we live in a hardwood box w/ nothing to buffer noise…basically we do. We have squeaky hardwood floors and thin walls w/ vents that let us hear our neighbor’s phone ring and their alarm clock going off at 6:20. I am happy to know, I don’t have to wait till summer for the window A/C to be put in to have a white noise to drone out all the other annoying sounds!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the snow melted and we had a high in the low sixties with rain today.

1 Comments:

Blogger leaner said...

That is great that you found soem nice White Noise! I need to get a humidifier that actualy works...

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home