Sunday, February 05, 2006

First Baby Dream

It started at my grams house on Chestnut street in Las Cruces. I was in her bed and oh how I have always loved her bed. I get my sheet snobbiness from her. She always had the most luxurious sheets and she changed them often. My "Creaky sheets" remind me so much of a similar kind she had when I was a kid. Anyway, I was in her bed and gra'ma was asleep next me and I felt like I was constipated and then I ended up giving birth to a baby girl. I kept saying how beautiful she was and how much cuter she would become when she was a few months old. Gra'ma woke up and I showed her my baby. I was trying to call mid-life midwife to let her know she missed the birth. I think earlier I had talked to her but told her not to worry because I was feeling constipated more than anything. I was so excited that I delivered the baby on my own and it was effortless. Please let that be a sign that #4 will slide on out! There are moments that I get this feeling like I could totally deliver my own baby. BUT then I remember these small moments in my labor where I just can't imagine being in labor any longer and I don't think I could have this cool demeanor about me while pulling a baby up from out of me. ******I just remembered this part: When I was trying to call MLM, I was holding the baby and I put her down and the boys had a mess of lincoln logs all over the floor and they were running around playing. But, when I put the baby down they cleaned up the floor so she wouldn't get into anything because she was now mobile at that point and could roll over. I remember thinking how sweet of them to take care of her like that while I messed around on the phone. That was another frustrating part - when I picked up the phone to call out it was as if it was on automatic dial and voice message. I picked it up to call MLM and ended up calling Pam's house and the automatice voice on my end asked to speak to Felicia! Pam's mom said something about not having anyone ask for her in a long time. I tried hard to ask for Pam but she couldn't hear my voice because of the automated one. My uncle Raul came in and told me that the phone lines where incrypted with something that I couldn't understand. It was so bizarre that I gave up trying to call MLM and got back into bed with the baby and gra'ma.************

When I was pg w/ Creaky, I always had baby girl dreams but they were never infants for more than a second and then they turned to big 3 year old girls and I would sit wondering how that happened. When I first had my baby boy dream, I was in my bed and clint was asleep next to me and I gave birth - again very effortlessly. I pulled him up and noticed he was a boy and not a girl like I had been wanting. He stayed infant and that is when I knew I would be having a boy for sure, despite my desire for a girl. In that dream, I instantly fell in love w/ him and couldn't stop saying how beautiful he was. I showed the boys because they were asleep on our floor and they took one look and saw that it was a boy and went right back to sleep. Clint and I were left to just hold and love on him. It was a beautiful moment in my dream, but one of the many dreams that worked on my heart into accepting another boy. I just thought another boy would throw us off - S was always very much Clint's and J was very much mine and I didn't know where that would leave another boy. It only meant that Creaky was very much ALL of ours.

We will see what the series of pregnant dreams continues to bring. I would still bank on a boy if I had to make a call right now. A girl would be fine but ANOTHER boy would be awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mid-life Midwife said...

how exciting. yesterday i did a relaxation thing with kate for her CBE class. it was fun to pretend i was pregnant, my thoughts were on you. very sweet. two beautiful posts!

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home