Sunday, February 05, 2006

I’ve got soul but I’m not a soldier.

I love that song. It’s my favorite song to hear on the radio while driving. It makes me feel silly that I like it, since it’s a song that the oldest sonny likes too. When did this happen – where we started listening to the same music? If you see any songs on his MP3 player you would think that it was mine or even dads. I could probably do without Weird Al Yankovich, but that is pretty funny if you are in the mood.

Thurs. was moms’ group and I didn’t get razzed much about my stupid comment about being done w/ children. I was encouraged by many and given the “WHAT???!!!” by some. They are all a phenomenal group of women, that I feel blessed to be a part of.

After group, I was supposed to meet w/ the director of H.E.R.O but she wasn’t in. It worked out well, because after group, Crispin and I were ready to go home. I was so tired out and pretty hungry. The full on sickies have come upon me, but it’s just a matter of eating and eating and eating that keeps it at bay.

Mrs. T and I had planned a day of fun for Friday a few weeks ago, so I called her in the morning after sleeping in. I had woken up at 4 and couldn’t get back to sleep because I was feeling sick. I jumped out of bed at 5:30 and made me two egg, ham and cheese burritos and a cup of decaf coffee. I felt like a million bucks after that and went back to bed till 9. She had to take her dog to the vet and then she would call me. Finally, at about 1 she called and I told her I needed to get Creaky down for a nap, so if she had any piddling around to do call me later and see what was going on. I crashed out with Creaky and at 2:15 she called and I was refreshed and so was he. I ate before napping and was starving when I woke up. I decided not to eat and just run out the door when she came to pick us up. NOT a good idea! I know how much she likes to stop and talk and look and while that is fun and all – it’s not a picnic when you feel like keeling over but you have to keep a toddler in check inside the Treasure Mart (antique store). We got out of there w/ minimal damage. Well, I moved some stuff that knocked down 2 glass frames that broke. OOPS! We went to Zingermann’s and bought bread but I could have eaten a hole through all the bricks of cheese and meats at the deli! When we got into my parking lot, we sat in the van for almost an hour chatting. Creaky played for a bit and I called S to tell him we were in the parking lot and about a half hour later he came out to say hi and also took Creaky inside w/ him. We chatted some more. Clint came home and it was time for me to leave to chaperone at Fun Night at S’s school. I was starving, but didn’t have time to eat.

Fun Night was very interesting. I have a whole new level of respect for middle school teachers! It was amazing at how these kids are so grown-up like! Some kids I remember since they were in kindergarten or just got here from another country and here they are wearing little skimpy clothes and shaking their rumpus! It was 2 hours of pure attitude and sassiness! S falls somewhere in the middle and I couldn’t feel more at ease with his level of maturity. He made the honor roll again this semester!!

Today, I had an 8.5 hour class on adult/child and infant CPR and first aide. I thought it would never end! I passed though and that is all that matters right now! Good thing was, I was close enough to Pita Pita to eat it for lunch (again) - was there last night after Fun Night for a falafel wrap. The owner LOVES us. He told S (again) how good looking he was and he could have a job there when he gets older. He loaded us up with free pop and baklava. When I went today, he didn’t fully charge me for everything and told me how beautiful I was. Not in a weird way, but in a very respectful way that didn’t make me shrink w/ shame. He’s a very nice man and I wish him much good fortune in his business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home