Friday, March 31, 2006

Mrs. T, when you coming home home?

As of late, I had been missing Mrs. T like crazy. I hadn't seen or talked to her since January. I called in Feb. to let her know I was thinking about her and said not to call me back because I had nothing really to say. I called her a few weeks later and let her know Mrs. Fishwick broke her foot and was out of school for some time. That time, I did hope to catch her on the phone. Last week, I dreamt about her and wanted so badly to call her, but was afraid I would catch her at a bad time. She's going through a transition right now and I just don't know if I would be more a pest than a confidante. I feel like she's the older wiser one and I am the younger more carefree one that has nothing to offer her in this time.

She's been heavily on my mind and I lift her up in prayer often. On the other hand, I can see her running all over the states w/ her sisters and cousin Polly, antiquing. She's a major antique collector and she knows her stuff. She spends big money on items and loves traveling to find them. So, I was hoping she was being a globetrotter and not having hard times.

I got a postcard from her this week and I just held it and was so happy! She was in Florida having fun w/ her friends. I think I held that postcard for a good long time all happy like it was from a long lost love. She IS thinking of me, too! was my first thought. In her postcard she talked about golfing where a 7 foot 'gator was sunning himself and going to see the King Tut museum. She also wrote we will go visit Mrs. Fishwick when she gets home. I'm so excited! I can't wait for her to get home and we can do some fun stuff. I want to tell her all about weaning Mr. Creaky pants and I know she will take the motherly road and be all supportive and want to know in detail HOW I did it. She'll want to know in the kind of detail that I forget I'm talking to a child-less woman and then she will ask even more questions and then I'll start to think, "is she really listening?" and then feel like I have gone on and on. That is why I love her so much - she knows how to talk and keep the conversation going and she listens like a lovely listener. I know mom wouldn't mind me talking about her in the maternal way. When mom came to visit we had plans to meet up w/ Mrs. T for lunch, but it was the end of the school year and she had a ton of stuff to get done, so we went to her classroom and visited w/ her real quick. Mom hugged her and thanked her for being so good to me and Mrs. T said it was her pleasure and how I am so good to her. It was a love fest indeed!

Oh - it makes me miss her more right now! Maybe I miss her so much because she's the next best thing when my mama isn't around. I MISS my mom soooo much, but somehow we plow through like two optimistic fools, holding out for the day we can spend our days together. I can't wait for her to live w/ us and what if Mrs. T needs a place to call home too when she's old and alone? Can you imagine that - having them BOTH with me?? I could do it - I could so do it. I'm assuming my grams will have been passed away by this time, but if not then bring her too! Hopefully, I will have a girl and she will help me take care of these awesome women. I hope it's not all bed sores and cranky asses - I hope there are some good times in there where we are running amok around town and shopping till our feet hurt!

We don't know what the future holds, but I do hope I get to be in a position where I can be there for my mom 24/7. Gra'ma is there for her right now and it should be the other way around, but gra'ma has always been a provider/nurturer and a lovely one at that, so this suits her well. Mom has always had to work hard and go go go. Most of what I have felt was intrinsic in me, was honed in by gra'ma, mom has come in later in life w/ sage wisdom that has helped but w/out the two- I would be lost.

Gosh, I miss those women, but hopefully when I see Mrs. T, it will be the balm on my soul till I get to see them again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home