Monday, April 10, 2006

So much beauty all around!

The grass is getting greener, lots of bulb flowers are spring up all around. I smell spring in the air - even if you still need a fleece when you go out.

It was a beautiful weekend. Clint stayed home from work on Sat. and that just made it for me. I think I would have slugged through if he wasn't home. We went to Jack's soccer game and watched him get an assist. He's coming along just fine. His coach at the last game went up to him and told him how much he has improved and then he came over to me to tell me the same. I know he has it in him, he just needs to believe it himself. It's a great team w/ great boys, super coaches and pretty awesome parents.

Creaky is getting starting to understand that his tantrum throwing will not be tolerated (especially if dad's home) So, he's been in a better space this past week and I'm feeling that loving feeling that we had going on. I had a moment of panic when he started acting like that, since the boys didn't really have much compared to what Creaky was dishing out. We can give him a look or a "Creeeky, no more!" or whatever and he will kinda snap out of it. He might have a meltdown a couple times in a few days, but nothing that can't be contained by just holding him and talking to him. Dad shaved his head last Monday. I ran to the grocery store and when I got back his head was shaved. We had talked about it but I was waiting for the weather to get warmer. I'm glad he did it and Creaky wasn't traumatized by it one bit. He's a cutie pie w/ those cheeks and loooong eye lashes.

Gotta go and do the dishes. Clint should be home from school any minute to finish writing some papers. That guy amazes me w/ his ability to whip out papers like he does. I know he's super stressed about it but he's really got a handle on it and would rather sleep for a few hours and get up at ungodly hours to get his papers done than take time from spending with us. He makes me swoon w/ his devotion to us! We had such a lovely weekend and it was just what I needed to feel like I was among the living! Thanks! Love you sweetie!

4 Comments:

Blogger leaner said...

Sounds like a nice weekend. We had a pretty crappy one, and Will is feeling the effects of paper related stress (he has one due today that he didn't get to work on because he was at work until 1 am on sunday morning, even though he is supposed to have weekends off.)
Glad that Creaky's tantrums are getting better. I am curious if Buggie will be a tantrum thrower. RHayn did a little.
Its a good thing that this coming weekend is Easter, and Will gets a 3 day weekend. Ijust hope that I can somehow make it a stress free, calm weekend for him. He really needs a break.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Joxer's Human said...

I wish your camera was working so we could see pics of his shaved little head.... You gotta love spring! Opening the windows to let the smells in.. The trees beginning to get leaves.. The flowers that seem to be returning, though I know I didn't take very good care of them last year.. The grass that grows and grows and grows.. I had to break down and mow on Saturday, but the smell alone was worth it... Soon it'll be time to get started on the serious work of taming the jungle that was my yard..

4:43 PM  
Blogger Mid-life Midwife said...

i can't wait for you to get another lap top because i like reading your blog and theposts have been so few and far between. see, because not only do i need to talk to you at least every 2 days, i also have to read y0our blog.
gasp! do i have issues?

4:38 PM  
Blogger TLC said...

mlm - you like me post w/ all the typo's and run on sentences? really, it's the only way I can get one out - if I just write and post. would love the time to sit here and write entries w/ spell check and proof-reading. usually, a little one is upstairs wreaking havoc while I am down here writing. can't wait for a laptop too - a camera more though. would you like payment in the year 2010?

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home