Monday, June 12, 2006

Lookee Lookee


Look who has access to a camera! Last week we took out our old manual and shot some pictures around town. We went for a walk to the bumps and got a few photos there before the rain came down. It's really expensive developing photos and especially ones you don't like! We were all tapping into our inner photographer. Someday we will have our own dark room and taking pictures with that thing will actually be fun. S enjoyed using it and can't wait to take classes on photography and sign up for the yearbook.

I was able to borrow Mrs. T digital camera for awhile. She's so silly. Somebody must have told her to buy a digital and so she went out and bought one w/ all the bells and whistles and used it once but never downloaded the photos. In fact all the equipment and cd's where still in the box when I went over there. So, I am borrowing her camera for our trip. I've been playing around with it but haven't gotten any good photos worthy of framing.

I'm so bored. Clint works from home but not on Monday's and I am here on the computer because he's not home using it. I did meet a very nice woman today while we were outside. I've seen her many times and we have smiled at each other. She has a baby bump too, so today she was close enough for me to ask her about her due date. We got to talking and honestly, I thought she was going to be from another country (she is - Estonia) and would have a hard time communicating, but she has been in the states some time and our conversation flowed. She asked if I was delivering at the U and I told her no at home and then asked her where she would be delivering and she will be delivering at a birth center about an hour drive from here. It was so thrilling to have a like minded soul to talk birth with! We talked for a good hour while our kids played in the sandbox. She's due a few weeks before I am. I feel like a schmuck for not being my chatty self earlier to have gotten to know her sooner. It made my day to have a neighborhood person to talk with. I get it all the time about living here in family housing about how there must be tons of mom's to chat with. While there are tons of moms around, everyone has their own cliques they belong too - there's the Asian crowd, the Mormom brigade and not too much in between. Oh, the CHILDless crowd too. *****(WHY DO I KEEP SAYING "MOTHERLESS" INSTEAD OF CHILDLESS? THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I'VE DONE THAT!)**** I'm praying for a sweet fun woman to move in right next door to us. The neighbors on the other side of us have a new baby (about 4 months old) and the mom never pokes her head out the door. I'm always outside doing this or that, but she is like a hermit. Her husband is really nice and will always chat me up on his way in.

Well, that is all for now and probably for a long time - unless we get this IBook powered up that Mrs.T gave us. We need a power cord (on it's way via Ebay!) and some kind of internet card - airport card? We will know more when we fire it up. It should be perfect for me and the boys to play around on.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joxer's Human said...

It's so nice to once again see pics of the kids on your blog.. Then again, it has been two months since you last wrote.. And I thought I was bad..

Sorry I wasn't around to chat with you. But you only seem to be available on Monday's when I'm busy doing my lunch thing..

Can't wait to see you guys!!!!

3:07 AM  
Blogger leaner said...

Nice pictures! I love that grass (that is what that green stuff is called right? LOL)
I am excited to see you all!

8:58 AM  
Blogger TLC said...

Yes, Monday's are the only time the computer is free for me. We will see what this Ibook has to offer us and that will be my IM 'puter. Can't wait to see you both too! Those grassy bumps in our photos are so fun - it's like the land teletubbies live in. Some bumps are taller than Creaky! Of course it's some kind of UofM architecture project or something. But open to the public but it's never busy w/ people.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home