Sunday, June 18, 2006

Complete package


Today we celebrated the man of my dreams and the wonderful father of my children. Well, we didn't do anything spectacular for him, but enough to let him know how much we love and appreciate all that he does.

I'm in a state of bliss with Clint right now and have been for the last few months. I know it's not the pregnancy hormones because as I wrote in earlier, I was in a bemoaning state. I like totally ADORE my man. I mean, I have always loved him but adore him, I found that a little too far fetching. I remember a friend talking about how she wanted to adore her husband and I thought it was a weird thing to say. I thought maybe he was being a lazy ass and she felt like she had to "mother" him and love him even though she was picking up his dirty socks off the floor. Or she was being a drama queen and not realistically seeing that marriage isn't always a bed of roses. But at last - this flood washed over me and I fell in a deeper love for him. I so adore the man and I don't think he could do much to come down from this perch of which I have placed him.

All the nights we hunkered down in the deep trenches of marital hardship has come to an end. We are no longer in the trenches but in the comfort of peace in our own slice of heaven. We fought the good fight and learned many ways in which we could live out our hearts' desires, despite not having all the things we thought we needed to be in that space. I know I always have that "I worked my ass off in this marriage!" attitude but lately it's been more of a realization that no matter how hard someone works, without grace, it still might not work out. So, I have to give a shout out to our good mother, father and example of all encompassing love from up above. Without wisdom and guidance I wouldn't be here writing this today. We are truly blessed right here, right now and it feels good!

I know this sounds so flowery and bullshitty but we have always had that "country bumpkin-ness" to us but somehow we got stuck on the side of the road and stayed there for a little too long where it felt this was as good as it was going to get. Never settle for anything less than what you know you deserve, is what I have learned if anything.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joxer's Human said...

Oh stop with all the mushy crap!! It's nice that you seem so damn happy these days. Even if it is almost nauseating.. :)

Clint's lucky that he had all of you around to celebrate him. I was the worst kid in the world and lost track of time. So, not wanting to call past his bedtime, I had to call my dad a day late.. Gonna have to be super nice to him next week to make up for that one!!!

4:58 AM  
Blogger leaner said...

I didn't call my dad at all. I did send him a card :)

Geesh, the mushiness is overwhelming, and I think I am a bit jealous. I am overtired and have actually been NOT wanting Will around at all lately. He wants to talk and I want to sleep. He wants to sleep and I NEED him to hold a baby so I can do homework. Its a horrible thing.

You surely got lucky to find someone, that you feel so mushy about! I am hoping someday to feel mushy about Will... but we are on that long hard road. And somedays I actually see the bright light at the end.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home