Sunday, July 16, 2006

I just came in from outside, where this petite asian woman made the signs of "WOW! you have a pregnant belly!" She then asked, "august?" I said, "no, september." She said "Very BIG!" and made her eyes and arms wide. I said, "no, just right and made the sign for A-OK." That was it, she had her say. In the past few days people are stopping to stare and even the check-out girls are asking how much longer. As long as I don't feel that big, I think I can handle going to the end w/ out doing everything under the sun to get the baby out. Remind me that I said that when i'm 2 weeks overdue!

I wonder if it had anything to do w/ the biggest steak I've ever eaten at one sitting a few minutes before? Because, I did feel huge but I think I would have felt like that despite a pregnant belly. I was stuffed and still am, even though dinner was about an hour ago. It was so good, so I am not complaining one bit. We ran into Whole foods yesterday and Clint picked out some steaks that were a decent price for whole foods (more like WHOLE PAYCHECK!) When we were getting ready for dinner he said we needed enough sides because we only had 3 steaks, but when he got them out the package, they were the biggest juicest steaks we've seen this side of costco! AND for only 12 bucks! They were even better grilled and we all ate in silence w/ the occasional moan. I made the cranberry, walnut, gorgonzola spinach salad w/ raspberry dressing that I have been eating non stop all summer. That was a perfect side to this meal. Clint grilled up some squash from the garden but I didn't like it today. Yesterday, I was all over it. We thought 3 steaks weren't enough, but we ended up w/ leftovers. Oh - that was a scrumptious meal but I'm so full right now that the thought of it, isn't appealing. Time to change the subject.

Creaky has done super these past days w/ out diapers. He has gone on the potty every time and we are not asking him every minute if he needs to use the restroom either. He did wake up this morning wet, but not fully. I think he woke up when he realized what was happening and then got up to use the potty. I was prepared w/ a little top cover, so that I wouldn't have to change sheets every day if he didn't wake up on time. If he sleeps in, then he's more likely to have an accident. Kinda like the way I feel pregnant, I end up getting out of bed and getting my day started since I was up anyway.

Older boys have been such helpers lately. I was thinking if we lived on a farm back in the day and we had an option to send the boys to school, we would probably keep jack home w/ us since he is so helpful. A few days in a row he's made us all egg burritos for lunch and cinnamon sugar burritos. He made pretzels himself and that is no fun usually. I usually prepare the dough for them but this time he did it all. I was not in the mood to deal w/ the dough and baking - too hot! This morning he woke up and made blueberry pancakes for everyone. He helped me sweep and then mopped the whole house. He's not even getting paid for any of this. I did pay him this week to organize one of the bookshelves that has been driving me crazy for the past few months. I paid S to clean the stairs by sweeping them and then cleaning them w/ pine-sol and a sponge. Those where the two things that I have been putting off doing. I guess I am getting a bit of the nesting bug, but it's not obsessive...yet.

I just got an email from a good friend in AZ saying she had a stroke a few weeks ago. I was shocked to here that, she says she's doing better but that is all she wrote. I feel bad because she was on my mind for weeks and then when we were in AZ, I wanted to call her and tell her we were there but we didn't have time to see her. We did say a big "HI" when we went through Gilbert. I need to listen to these things and respond to them again, you never know what is happening on their end and how spending a few minutes to call or write would speak volumes. I say, AGAIN, because I used to be so good about doing that sort of thing but in the last few months/ years? I've gotten a bit more selfish and fast to say how I don't feel like it or I'm too busy. Clint thought of a friend of ours while we were in NM and so we sent them a postcard from there. I thought that was pretty neat that he thought of them and then helped pick out a postcard for us to send and I just happened to have my address book on me!

I need to learn that you cannot blog w/ a mischevious 2 year old around. While I'm sitting here writing as fast as I can, he's pouring detergent in the dryer! Ugh! a mess I am NOT dealing w/ right now.

I'm out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mid-life Midwife said...

it just dawned on me that maybe people always commented on how HUGE i was pregnant because i had summer and late summer babies when i'm walking around in non-preggie tank tops and wearing bikini top at the beach. this is your first big-bellied summer, yk?
you were more covered up and maybe even inside more with the other pregnancies.
of course, i was more on the huge side, than not... :) belly tho, not me.
and certainly not you!
btw, at the beach yesterday i saw a lovely big bellied preggie woman wearing a swim suit very much like the one i gave you and she looked gorgeous! no one was gawking. there were at least 5 pregnant women there~ 3 in bikinis! yaaay for showing it off!

10:45 AM  
Blogger TLC said...

I would think it would be the opposite - In winter when you are layered upon layers that would seem to make you look bigger than you really are and then in summer being in clingy clothes you are in all your sheer glory.

I think I am just coming into that point of "oh yeah, a baby is coming very soon look at that belly!" and not to mention the "timer" has popped out a bit.

I will be at the lake tomorrow wearing that suite! I hope the bottoms fit or else I'm screwed!

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home