Friday, October 21, 2005

BORED BORED and more BORED

Mandy is out of town and so there is no one to talk to while I do my clean-up. I talked to mom this morning, well actually she talked my ear off. There are times when I call her and I will just talk and talk and talk and then I will ask, "are you still there?" because she is just listening and not saying a word. There are days where she is like that with me. Today being one of them. She was telling me what was going on with my older brother and his life. Sometimes I just want to buy a plane ticket and go over and give him a swift kick in the ass and tell him to get over himself already! Last year he called me like 3 times and it was so weird to hear stories of what was going on with his life. He told me how his ex-wife and his then girlfriend got into a fist fight in the parking lot of a bar! C'mon these are grown women out there fighting like teenagers - over an egotistical pig to boot! I was so shocked, I don't know what I said to him but then we changed the subject and talked about other aspects of life, like marriage, religion and over coming hiccups from our past. I don't think I said anything profound but he told mom how "mature and level headed" I was. Yeah, I'm not that stupid teenager girl that left home 14 years ago. He should have left when he could because that place is bad news. It's so weird to hear that side of things - reminds that I do not ever want to go back there. Mom and Gra'ma are welcome to come live with us wherever we end up. That is the plan, but it's not set in stone. MOm is taking care of gra'ma (who is very much alive and kicking - she out works mom!) I will take care of mom when the time comes. We are certain that by that time we will have a house big enough for her to live with us. Oh yeah, and big enough for the boys to come back home with their wives and families - because after all Clint told them to marry orphans. We don't want to deal with having to split our time with them with anybody else. Selfish like that we are. Clint blogged about this a few months ago and I printed it out and made the kids sign it -- just joking. kinda...

I should go and finish knitting the bag. I'm already on the top part w/ the contrasting color mixed with the boa! I have many things I wanted to write about this week but have been too busy knitting away. Here's my list so I don't forget:

Foody
Punk Rock Betty Crocker
U2 and White Zombie
School Dance
Papa bear comes out
Bourgeois (complete w/ photos!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Briep said...

thank you for the hat adn the outfit it is really cute. I love the hat, it is alittle big but that is the good thing about babies they grow into everything eventually. Rhaynnon put it on and it was soooo cute!

5:41 PM  
Blogger abeNanna said...

Okay, you have to write about Bourgeois (complete with photos) you can't leave us hanging like that. LOL

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home