Monday, October 03, 2005

Great Birthday weekend!


I was able to spend my b-day weekend with my two favorite women. Mrs. T and Amanda.
I met with Mrs. T at her house on Fri afternoon for cookies. In the evening, I met up with Amanda and Kate for dinner and drinks. We had a great time out and plan on doing it again. Crispin was a gem for Clint, so that made it even better.

After church we met up w/ Mrs. T for brunch at our favorite restaurant - Afternoon Delight. Crispin was a bit of a bear, but nothing I couldn't handle. Dad would have had a heart attack. As long as his voice was down, it was not too bad.

Poor Clint had so much homework to do this weekend. He did manage to make me dinner - Carne Asada w/ beans and rice. We all enjoyed the marinade and the perfection to which he grilled the meat. My cake was a to die for - Ultimate Chocolate Truffle Cake. Slade picked it out at Trader Joe's for me. I was glad because I wasn't in the mood for a box cake. Plus, Clint didn't have time for baking.

The boys gave me 3 plants. All succulents. I hope I have the perfect spot for them. I'm limited in this new place. I wanted a black turtle neck but couldn't find one that I liked at the two stores we went to. I ended up buying a green long sleeve shirt that was on sale and a pair of jeans that are too long. Amanda came over this morning and gave me a whole outfit for my b-day! She knew that I had my eye on a pair of pants! Last week was her b-day and she got nothing from me! Well, I want to make her a felt bag but I want her to pick out the yarn color. So, we will be doing that soon.

It was a super weekend. Slade had his first "fun night" at school. More on that later. It sounded like a sweet night of fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger tif-do said...

I'm so glad your birthday was great. I really did remember, just thought I would call you when I could talk to you awhile. Love you, and so glad your my sister.

7:05 PM  
Blogger TLC said...

Thanks! I'm glad you are my sister too! Yes, I'm sure we will chat soon. I think that last phone call could last us for the rest of our lives! Happy Birthday to you!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home