Friday, October 14, 2005

BUMMER!

So, Clint and I were going out on the town tomorrow evening, well that WAS the plan. It's not going to happen. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day and the person I got to watch the boys in the evening will be watching Jack and Cri-Cri in the morning. I have a conference to attend from 8-12, Clint has work from9-2, Slade has an academic game tournament from 8-12 and Jack has a soccer game at 1. It's going to make for a hectic evening if we try to go out. So we have decided to postpone till next weekend. I think Slade is spending the night at a friend's tonight and so maybe Clint and I will do our psuedo-date drive. We drive to Dexter on the windy roads with the beautiful scenery all around (especially the fall colors now) and stop to eat at a drive-up A&W. Jack and Cri-Cri will enjoy the ride or maybe I can pawn Jack on Tyrone. We will see. Plus, I'm not in the mood to make dinner.

Clint should be home in an hour - better follow the rules from the 1950's and tidy up the house, change clothes and put lipstick on, clean the boys' faces and get a cocktail ready along with Clint's slippers and newspaper.

How he would love the idea of cocktails more than anything else. Better not broach the idea to him or we will end up with a wet bar in our house!

2 Comments:

Blogger tif-do said...

When I had my bridle shower I got a book, kind of along those lines. Change clothes put lipstick on, make sure the house is nice and tidy. To funny. I don't even think Kenneth would notice, or he'd say "where you goin'" Glad I'm not in that era. Hope you have a great weekend anyway!!!

7:23 PM  
Blogger TLC said...

Yeah, I would go nuts if that is how things were. I do my little "5 o'clock" clean-up but not because I fear what the hubby will think. We had a nice drive and dinner to A&W. That's something that works for us right now if Cri is with us. We get to talk on the drive and we don't have to deal with getting out of our car!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home