Saturday, October 15, 2005

20 questions! Actually 24!

I wrote this up last night but didn't have a chance to post it till now. Since then, I have talked to Amanda, Maria, Jack and a person from our DSL company on the phone. Also, the question that stumped me was #14! Go figure!

1. Favorite quote, verse or song lyric?
QUOTE - GUARDIANS, I swear I will not dishonor my soul with hatred, but offer myself humbly as a guardian of nature, as a healer of misery, as a messenger of wonder, as a architect of peace. Clint bought me this poster and we have it framed in our living room. VERSE – Strength and honor are her clothing…she looketh well to the ways of her household, …her children arise up and call her blessed;… Proverbs 31:25-28 My mom bought me this frame and it's the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning. SONG LYRIC – Anything by U2! (had to add all 3 of them!)
2. If you could meet with anyone dead or alive for lunch, who would it be?
I would say my father. I don't know anything about him and I think that would be fun… to be continued in #19*
3. Sweetest thing your significant other does for you with or without knowing it.
Clint goes to the library every weekend and will always pick me up a book or two and they are usually really good books.
4. Do you wish on stars?
Nope, I skip the stars and go right to the source!
5. Favorite Drink?
WATER! (AM – hot tea or decaf coffee)
6. Favorite Meal?
Anything Clint cooks for me – since he puts so much effort into making sure I will LOVE it.
7. Last person you spoke with on the phone?
I talked to gra'ma Carter yesterday afternoon.
8. Favorite Month?
May – always has been. My Gra'mas b-day month and was hoping would be Jack's but now I have my May Baby!
9. Favorite day of the year?
First day of summer!
10. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I had a lot of dolls that I took care of and I'm sure they are still in the attic waiting for a little girl!
11. Who is the friend that you have had the longest.
Dee – she was my partner in crime in moving away from Lost Cause NM!
12. When was the last time you cried?
Last Friday morning. Clint made me so upset, but it was short lived. He later emailed an apology.
13. What are you afraid of?
I have potential to fear everything, so I gave up fear – it became hazardous to my health. I try to stick to real issues instead of creating my own drama with fears that aren't even likely to happen. If they do come true, I pray I have the coping skills needed!
14. Favorite flower?
Wildflowers – especially the ones that grow on the side of the road w/out a care.
15. How many states have you lived in?
NM, AZ and MI – all have borderd another country!
16. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
I would love to live closer to my mamma.
17. Favorite memory of a family trip.
Don't really have any from growing up. One from my little family. Clint, Slade and I went to Rocky Point in 1996 and had a great time with our house on the beach for 3 days. It was heaven and I wish we could do it again.
18. A nice thing you did for someone and it backfired.
I can't remember one specific thing. Maybe I don't put myself out there too much or I let it slide off my back easily if things backfire?
19. Something you always wanted to do but are afraid to?
That would be confronting the man my mom says is my father and asking for a DNA test. Makes me feel dizzy thinking about actually confronting him – putting myself out there like that. I don't think about it often because I know it's out of my hands and if a time should present itself, then it will all fall in place. Until then, I don't have an iota of despair from the situation.
20. Who are your idols?
NONE - gave that up in Highschool too. I learned that everyone thinks the grass is greener on the other side and it's better to thank God for the blessings you have even if they aren't exactly what you would call "ideal."
21. Favorite dessert?
Sticky rice w/ warm coconut milk and fresh mangos on the side. (Thai style) Oh - and anything DARK chocolate.
22. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
Happy. I'm happy to report that I am walking that path!
23. How many candles were on your last B-day cake and when is your b-day?
32 – Oct. 2
24. Do you dye your hair and if so what color/brand?
Nope – will wear my grey as my crown of glory! This summer a woman commented to me how she used to have REAL black hair. I told her mine wasn't from a box and she said it will be soon when the white starts coming in. I said I would wear it as my crown of glory. She said there is nothing glorious running around looking like a skunk! We shall see! I hope Clint will let me know if I start looking silly!

1 Comments:

Blogger leaner said...

I wrote mine in the morning and then didn't post it until later, either!

I can't imagine not knowing my dad. I know there are a lot of people who don't, but my dad is such an important person in my life.

I love wildfloweres, too. The poppies, that is part of their appeal, they are free, and they grow without abandon on the side of every road and hill during their brief stay.

As for hair dying- well, I can't wait until my hair turns gray. I think of it as a step in life. Its when I will STOP dying! LOL because until then, its just a fashion thing.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home