Wednesday, September 14, 2005

My Day

I had Amanda, her Eamon, Kerri and her Abby over for breakfast this morning. On the menu was: Whole wheat pancakes, apricot topping w/ warm (real) maple syrup and bacon on the side. I made some strong coffee for Amanda and I - which I will be regretting at 1 a.m. It was a nice breakfast before Mandy had to leave for her business meeting w/ the midwives. They have asked her to join their practice! I am so excited for her. She did it! 2 hard years of busting her butt and catching babies and come January she will be a bonafide, certified Midwife (CPM). It's only going to get better from here for her and her family. With 3 midwives in the practice she will be able to have at least 10 days off call and be able to plan her days out better than being worried if she will be called any minute to a birth. We will see if she chooses to join or not. she's still debating it and running it in her head. Kerri is expecting her second child in the spring. She's still getting over the shock of a second baby. This baby should be a charm for her!

Julia was supposed to come around noon today but her mom called and said she wouldn't be coming because she was running a bit of a temp. See that? Parent's who care and take precautions. What a nice thing. Katri is even a professor of music (cellist) and the semester has just started but she felt better staying home with Julia. I'm so blessed with these kinds of clients. She's even going to pay me!

I was able to finish the little sweater I have been working on since gra'ma was here. I just need to find some cute buttons for it.

Clint came home a little after noon and we were able to hang out and watch silly TV shows while Crispin slept. We are waiting for our cable to get turned off. We only had it for Gra'ma's visit and we will move our TV down to the basement. We will be TV FREE! I know I get sucked into it and will just sit and watch VHI w/ all their celebreality shows they have now. I watched that Danny Bonaduce show and man alive he is messed up! Plus, the boys are really busy this year w/ all the schoolwork and Slade having soccer practice 2 nights a week. Slade just brought home his bass from school and it is a beauty! I had to get a picture of him with it.

He's so proud of it. He gets to keep it at home all year long. Thank God! That thing is huge and there would be no way I would be able to get it to school and home a few times a week. The cello was hard enough last year.

I've noticed I haven't mentioned Jack much here, but he is doing wonderful. Shy and bashful as he is he's sweet as pie. He just loves Crispin to pieces. They will be best friends as Clint described in his writing. Jack has been falling off his bike a lot lately and on one hand I am worried, but on the other hand isn't that what playing outdoors is all about? Cuts, bruises and scars that last for centuries? I still have a few scars from when I was his age on my knees. I do wish he would wear his helmet at least until we get healthcare!
Here's one of his paintings that is our favorite.

That's it for now. I need to get them all ready for soccer practice.

1 Comments:

Blogger tif-do said...

That is the cutest darn sweeter I've ever seen.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home