Thursday, September 08, 2005

A spring in my step


Recently I found myself running with any feeling that overcame me. They were mostly yucky ones. If I was feeling pissy and catty, then I ran with it and no one was spared from my flippant remarks. If I was surrounded by whiny people, then I became shrill and annoying. I found myself commiserating with angry people and walking away with a heart full of anger and resentment for circumstances that weren’t rooted in truth or even reality. I found it a challenge to see how long I could wallow in my own made-up drama without trying at all to find the source of my discontent.

In my thinking, I felt it wasn’t worth it, why bother? Nobody else seems to be bothered when they go through years and years and more years of carrying chips on their shoulders. Why not just continue on this crummy path? Why can’t I live in functioning misery and pity parties?

Just as I was running those thoughts in my head - I felt a calm come over and it was as if God’s net of mercy swooped me up and brought me back to that stable and restored ground called Grace. The land enriched with hope, faith and love. All mine for the taking.

I came back to that peaceful setting that I have clutched onto for so long now. How did I even leave it in the first place? It’s like I lost my coping skills while running with those yucky feelings. I lost track of all that is good and pure and focused on all that is ugly. *Shivers* takes me back to adolescents and if you know me and know me well, you know what I’m talking about!

Grace finds goodness in everything. Grace makes beauty out of ugly things. May grace fall all around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home