Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Oh - What a day!

The day started out as normal as any other day. I had to be at Emily's as soon as the older boys got on the bus. I had put Crispin in the car seat and he sounded pretty upset and all I thought was that it was cold for him. We get to Emily's and I nurse him real quick and then I put him in the swing, since that is his favorite spot there. He pretty much slept the whole time I was there. When Emily got home, I picked him up to put him in the exersaucer and he fussed pretty good, but then he calmed down. When I put him in the car to go home he cried and cried. I knew something had to be wrong with him because he usually doesn't fuss at all. I got home and started to nurse him and while he was nursing away, I moved his right arm and he screamed! I was a little freaked out, so I tried to take off his shirt to see if I could see any protruding bones or open wounds or arrows quivering to show me where it hurt. NOthing. Hmm- I called the Dr. but it was busy and then I called Clint who asked questions and then tried to be funny by saying that if they accuse us of abuse, he wasn't home and at work the whole time. This thinking hadn't even crossed my mine YET and I didn't think it was funny. I called the dr. and didn't seem to get anyone who didn't sound like they had a million things they were trying to take care of. A nurse got on the phone and by then Crispin was wailing because I had moved his arm again so that I would know that it really did hurt him. She said to just go to urgent care because they were full today and it was better that he get checked out sooner rather than later. On the drive there I was starting to think about them accusing ME of abuse and how would I act so that I didn't seem like a mother that would be likely to hurt her children. I say prayers for Crispin and I and feel much better. We get to there and I thank God again for valet parking. I didn't have much cash on me to pay for parking and I didn't want to walk a mile either.

Everyone at ER was very nice and I was there a total of 3 hours. They found that he had 'nursemaid's elbow' and popped it back into place. He didnt' seem to want to use his arm at all even after that so they suggested he have X-rays. He was such a trooper! He's so good and had big smiles for everyone there. X-rays didn't show anything abnormal so we were free to go home. He is doing much better now and doesn't scream when you move his arm, he's not using it too much still but at least we know there isn't anything major going on, probably a little sore still. I have no idea how this could have happened, unless it is from rolling over back and forth? Who knows, but they did say that he will be prone to it happenening again. GREAT...Sheesh!

Anyway, I'm off to rest before the big boys get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home