Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Read any good books lately?

While Grandma was here we took turns reading Crispin: The Cross of Lead
I hadn’t read it prior to Creaky’s birth - as intended. She also read another book of Slade’s called Freak the Mighty. We enjoyed watching the DVD of it a few months ago, so Slade decided he wanted to read it and see which was better. Grandma read it and loved it and now wants to rent the movie when she has a chance. I just can’t read ONLY at night, especially if I get sucked into a good book. I will let the house go to finish it. Two books I recently read that I LOVED and couldn’t put down were: The Glass Castle: a memoir and A heartbreaking work of staggering genius. Now, I’m on the hunt for another good book to read. Anyone out there want to read one together? Clint will read a book after me, but I get so frustrated not being to talk about it until he’s done. By then, I’m reading another book. Poor Slade will beg me to read one of his books, so now I know how it feels. I’m going to start one that he suggests I read called: Dunk he says it’s really good. I’m waiting for him to tell me how good the book he’s reading right now is. It’s called: Eddie and the gang with no name – Running with the reservoir pups. Maybe he will be the first to review it on Amazon!


Oh -another book I read that was hilarious and crass and not for church picnics was Naked. I really want to read more of his stuff.

3 Comments:

Blogger tif-do said...

Pick a Book and I will see if our sad little library has it. The last book I read was the Mermaid Chair. Its well written but the story was sad.

11:15 AM  
Blogger leaner said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:44 AM  
Blogger leaner said...

whoops-
Little Earthquakes. by Jennifer Weiner

This was a really good book.
They should have it at your library because its a fairly new book!

I would highly recommend it.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home