Saturday, September 10, 2005

SCORE!

So, today we woke up early and headed to Northwood V community yard sales. We were on a hunt for a crockpot. We are still mystified on where ours went and also most of our kitchen utensils. We have searched the basement at least five times now and we haven't found them at all. Also, I was on a hunt for winter clothes for Crispin. So we find 3 pairs of shoes for Creaky; stride rites $1, Doc Martens velcro boots .50, Teva sandals for next year .50. We also find him a really really nice snow suit, $3 and also a very nice almost new cond. LL Bean Fleece suit w/ mittens and hat $3. Clint found a wool pea coat $4 and last but not least a crock pot for $7. Oh and I also found a fold up booster seat for daycare for $5. We walked home pretty thrilled w/ our purchases. I felt good knowing I held out and was rewarded for it. I got all the winter clothes that I was thinking Creaky needed and also the shoes. I was worried about the shoes, because at Cedar Point Crispin threw his sandal into the pond and we couldn't get it and then at church Thursday I think I left his shoes on the kiosk and so I hope they are in the lost and found. Those two pair of shoes I got at a Thrift store for .25 a piece. The sandals where like new and the other a pair of worn but nice stride rites. We even came home with some cash left over. In 2 weeks our community will be having ours. I have a box of stuff to sell and I told the boys they could compete to see who sells the most and they could keep what they sell. Jack doesn't want anything to do with that. He would rather find his own things to sell and not be a barker for the rest of the stuff. Slade is all over that and can't wait to count the money. He's saving up for an Ipod, well it's like an Ipod but better, he says. It cost more too. He's got a whole business plan he's working on, we will see if it gets off the ground in a few weeks here.

Slade had his first soccer game and he was NERVOUS with a capital N! He did well and they won the game. He too is surrounded by kindred spirits that encourage him and treat him well. All the boys on his team are very nice boys and they all are pretty good friends now. Some of the boys on the team where good enough to get into the completive soccer world called United but some didn't make the cut. Instead of them going their separate ways, they decided to stick together another year with Rec&Ed and work on getting on the same United team next year. They even hired a UofM soccer player to give them pointers for this season. I just hope Slade can get the confidence he needs and continues to be encouraged by his peers. He said he felt like he was an asset for the team today. Way to go kid!

Clint cooked an awesome dinner tonight. He tried out a new recipe called Mediterranean turkey kabobs w/ mint yogurt dill. we also made this nice light salad w/ cucumbers, tomatoes and dill vinegar oil dressing. The boys seemed to enjoy it all as well. I had my reservations about it all but I knew I would probably like it if it was cooked for me! Especially because I didn't have anything better to make for dinner and I didn't want to cook.

I just thought about some of the cutest things Crispin has been doing lately. If we tell him to stand on one foot, he will give it a try. He gives high-fives, if you ask. He will take off our socks if we ask him too. He also has learned how to turn on and off the TV and so we are always trying to be stern with him and tell him "NO!" So, now he will walk around saying "NO!" and will go straight to the TV. He kicks balls, say "aaa" and points to airplanes. He's been signing "more" and "all done" for a bit now. It was so cute to see him sign "more" to grandma when she was sharing a bowl of ice cream with him. I gave him a taste of some nasty beer because he kept trying to get to the bottle. He liked it and asked for "more" Slade didn't think that was funny at all. He was like how dare you! It was ONE tiny sip! SHEESH! He has his favorite books and will sit and just listen and make you read them again and again. Time for bed, The little mouse, the red ripe strawberry and the big hungry bear (it used to be jack's favorite too) and a book on penguins are Crispin's favorite books. He will get "time for bed" when it's bed time when we tell him "get your book and let's go night night." There was something else that he has been doing lately that just slipped my mind. Will have to write it down at another time. It's time for bed and now I'm off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pen-nut said...

Sounds like you had a fun day today. That's great. Good job to Slade in soccer. My kids games start next Sat., they are excited about that. Can't believe that Crispin is getting so big so fast. Time flys. Have a great rest of the weekend. Love ya!!!
Penny

11:41 PM  
Blogger TLC said...

good to see you around here. I will need to get some ideas on your family for Christmas presents.
Love you!

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home