Friday, September 09, 2005

Friday!

Yippee! It's been a good end to a nice week. I've had the last 3 days to do nothing. Clint has had the last 2 days off from school. It's been great. The boys had soccer practice on Wednesday and that went very well. Slade's first game is tomorrow and it's at 3! I just love afternoon games, rather than 8 am games. How that used to stink in the colder months. Jack won't have a game till the following Sat. Yesterday, I went to moms' group and that was great. I hung out with Clint the rest of the day. In the evening I went to Capsule Night at Tappan. I went to each class that Slade attends and found out what they will be learning throughout the year. It was very interesting and I am amazed how he can keep it all together. He wakes up at about 6:10 - showers and then eats breakfast and he has been packing his own lunch because I'm still in bed w/ creaky. Clint is usually up so I don't feel so bad. Slade has to catch his bus at 7:30. Pretty early! It sounds like it's going to be a good year for him and a busy one too. I can't wait for it to get into full swing!


I am on a new project kick this week: Knitting Socks! Margaret said she would teach me how to knit them on 2 circulars! Sounds confusing, but she said it was very easy. Slade asked me to make him socks and I told him I would try. It's kinda neat when they ask for home-made things! I knitted them wrist bands that had a star on one and the other one said GEEK. They wear them, so that has been nice. Anyway, today Clint and I walked to the knitting store and I was able to bore him to tears w/ all the yarn and needles. The sock needles look to be the size around as a toothpick…pretty tiny and then if you are going to use double pointed – even more trouble! I'm excited to try it out and at least get a pair done.



Here's a photo of the bag I finished for Lynne. I even kool-aid dyed the yarn to make that orangey-red color. I forgot to get a photo of it after it was felted. I was so excited to get it to her! She loved it and paid me a nice sum for it. I wish it was a way to make money because they are easy and fun to make - but can be costly to make for just the wool.

Well, this pretty much sums up our days around here. Nothing too exciting. Creaky has been a bear all day and I wish I knew why. We'll pray for a better day tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Blogger leaner said...

Sounds like your Friday was MUCH more fun than mine! I had an awful day/night. Stress fears, anger. I just should have stayed in bed!
Knitting socks huh? I am not going to get into knitting/crocheting because it reminds WIll of his mom... and I try to avoid stuff SHE did/does. I don't want him to think of me like he does her!
(but i would love to learn to knit anyway;) )

11:00 AM  
Blogger TLC said...

you are very talented in other areas and that is all that counts. Gra'ma loved your art piece you did for Crispin!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home