Saturday, August 26, 2006

Summer time and the living's easy...

Yesterday was my last day watching the baby girl and I have to say it was a very pleasant experience. She mostly slept the whole time she was here. Her mom would come to nurse her every day at noon. Crispin learned a lot about being quite and about being gentle. It was great prep for him! I will miss the mom coming every day and chatting. She was a pretty fun person to chat with. What I will miss the most is probably the paycheck. I won’t have much of an income coming in for a bit here. Clint will be starting school and he won’t have time to have a job that pays – not even a one day a week thing like he had last semester. I know it will all work out because it usually does, but it doesn’t happen w/ out a little bit of stress, prayers and open hearts. I know that I won’t have the leisure this time around to enjoy the bebe for a whole lot of time without needing to jump back into work. I’ve prepared myself for it so I won’t become a bitter one on that subject. It’s good to know that at least I will have J coming back for daycare as soon as I open my door.

It will all be fine.

I’m anxious to get everyone back in school just because I want to see how the schedules are going to work out. I will miss them terribly as they have all pitched in and helped so much this summer – especially w/ Crispin. I’m going to be on my own w/ a new one and w/ Crispin the escape artist. At least he’s not throwing major fits anymore and has stopped yelling and hitting us. He’s been pleasant for the most part, but there are days where he’s determined and there is no stopping him. Those are the days that scare me. But on the other hand, he makes us laugh so much. He has been walking around saying random words like: guacamole whip(not DIP), internet (but in a robotic voice), rock and roll and he will call people weird things like pork chops. He’s obsessed w/ raccoons. He thinks they are going to come in our house and eat his food. When we are outside, he’s always on the lookout for any in the bushes. He says they scare him and we have to tell him we won’t let them hurt him. I have to admit they scare me too and there are many of them around. He absolutely LOVES to wear PJ’s. He’s become picky about clothes and tags. If he sees a tag on his clothes, I have to cut it off. He’s like Jackie in that way, but I don’t think it’s because the tags bother him, but because he thinks you are supposed to cut them off. He wants me to cut the tags off towels and stuffed animals too. Today we had our community yard sales and we brought a ton of children’s books out of storage and went through to see what we would keep and what we would sell. Crispin wanted to keep all of them and so when people were looking through them he would yell at them to “go away!” We had to bring him inside to keep from scaring off patrons! Yesterday he said, “HI” to a little girl and she ignored him and he turned around and said to me, “She no say hi to me, mama!” I told him that some kids are rude and that you just can’t take it personally. I think he understood because later he ran past her and gave her the evil eye.

Okay, enough for now. I should write about S becoming a bona fide teenager this summer, complete w/ girls calling him and inviting him out to bowl. Poor kid, he is so not a player and doesn’t think they are interested in him more than just a friend. Maybe they are not and that is fine by me. I hope that he can have friends that are girls and be able to hang out with them w/ out ulterior motives. We will see what 7th grade will be about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home