Saturday, July 29, 2006

Another week down

Another week that seemed to have dragged a$$. Nothing much went on. Creaky had his 2 year check up at the Dr. and that was uneventful. I forgot our insurance had requested he get his blood checked before the appt. His lead levels were fine - something I have always been curious about w/ each kid. I don't know where they would have become exposed to it but it seems like nobody ever really does when they talk about it. He had a mildly low hematorit (#red blood cells) and they suggested I use Floradix. We left on vacation before I could get it and I worried all vacation long that he was slowly getting sicker and sicker. By the time we got home and back into our routine, I had forgotten all about it. I "think" he's fine but who knows. I forgot all about it until S asked how he checked out at the Dr. and told him he has fine and how much he weighed and that was about it. He then asked about his blood and I said, "oh crap - I forgot all about that!" He wasn't too thrilled w/ that answer. I bet he thinks I'm such a bad mother. In a few weeks we will be participating in the "National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey" We were the chosen few - the boys and I. Clint didn't make the cut - he's white and male and therefore didn't qualify. They were focusing on hispanic families and especially pregnant women. So they will be doing a bunch of test on all of us - something like $400 worth. Dental exames, test on our water, dust samples and the boys will be given pedometers for a week to see how active they are. It's a survey conducted by the NHANES for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It's designed to learn about the health and diet of the people in the United States. The crazy thing is we all get paid for participating and we will get the results from all the tests run. So, hopefully I will find out if Crispin is still in the mild zone because that will be something they will be looking for. We will see - that is coming up in another week or so.

That is pretty much the highlight of the week. Today Clint and the older boys went fishing. Something that Clint didn't care to do in Michigan. He has this loyalty to AZ when it comes to fishing and hunting. He shook it off and took the boys and a friend. Jack has always been the patient fisherman. A few months before we moved to Mi we went fishing and Jack being a few months older than 2, sat on a log and waited and waited for a fish to pull his line. He showed great patience for such a young age. They got to fish at the reunion and both the boys enjoyed it so much they begged to do it in MI. So, they got out of the house at about 5 this morning and hopefully are having a good time.

I guess I should get moving before they get home and Crispin and I look like we just woke up. I don't think we have much planned for the rest of the day or weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joxer's Human said...

I wish my week would drag a$$.. Another week has come and gone without me getting a damn thing done.. Well, I did have to take Alex to the vet which threw a kink into my week. $400 worth, but I got the bill and we didn't get paid for participating.. :)

Hope the boys are having fun fishing.. I wish I was out at the lake, but alas, I have a bathroom to destoy...

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home