Sunday, August 13, 2006

Has baby moved today?

This is the question I get asked by my little familia at least 10 times a day.

We were scared silly this past Friday due to an inactive baby for what seemed like an eternity. Sparing every minute detail as I feel like I am so far removed from that day and that overwhelming sense of grief.

Baby decided to take a looong snooze and Clint and I decided to run every bad scenario in our heads to the point of no return. We ended up at the hospital where our minds where put to rest as soon as that nice sweet nurse put that heart monitor on spot and got the loudest heart tones that echoed off the walls. It was joyous to hear those strong heart beats that went on and on...Of course baby decided to make their debut w/ some strong kicks to go along with it. We all laughed saying it would most likely to be a girl to perform only when she was good and ready - Drama Queen-esque.

Since then, baby gives me a round of kicks a few times an hour, almost w/ that snarky attitude of: kick kick - happy? or do you need me to do a little diddy for you to? maybe push on your bladder a little more or make your pubic bone nice and achy? I'll take it all at this point and only pray that soon baby will come out and I can see everything is alright for myself.

"Yes" is my answer to my boys when they ask that question and put their boy hands on my belly to feel for themselves.

2 Comments:

Blogger leaner said...

I know how that feels! That happened to me. I raced to the hospital, eyes teary only to have her flip around as soon as the moniter was on her. (She didn't want to be monitered!)

LOL< at the drama-queen. I can't wait for a birth story, pics or anything!

Good Luck, and sending you happy happy, easy birthing vibes!

7:31 AM  
Blogger tif-do said...

Glad to hear everything is okay. She/He probably just wanted to make sure you were paying attention. I can't believe it's getting so close. I can't wait to hear weather I have another Nephew or a Niece. My votes for girly, but either one will be a happy addition to the family. Love ya!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home