Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My mama's coming!

Mom called Sunday and said she had more vacation days that needed to be used up before the holidays started - even with her vacation days planned for the third week of Oct. to come here. Her boss randomly chose for her vacation days to fall 9/12-9/19. So mom was wondering if it was too late to find cheap airfare. I told her I would look in the morning since I was already in bed. It was a bit of a relief to hear she could possibly be here so close to the birth because I was a tad bit concerned with having some recovering time. Meaning - how would I have some time w/ Clint's busy schedule? I don't want to farm out Crispin for those first few days that our new one is home, but I don't want to be jumping out of bed for at least 3 days either after giving birth. Again, I would just throw my arms up and say, "it's out of my hands!" while secretly hoping for a weekend baby.

I found cheap airfare for those days and called mom to see what she thought because she's is one to tread slowly into these things - thinking about money, gra'ma, randy, flying solo, lay overs, concerns about getting to and from the airport w/ out bothering anyone to take her (about an hour drive from her). She has to mull these things over out loud and I have to be the one the give her the "push" she needs. This time she was, "okay, those times sound good, let me get my credit card." Before I ordered her tickets I told her that people are concerened that if she is here for the birth would she freak out and cause me distress? She laughed and said something about if I didn't freak out, she wouldn't. I asked her, "If I do, what will you do?" She said she was more in the realm of thinking that if these vacation days randomly came up for her to take, she was taking it as a sign that she should be here and that is where her heart and peace were at. "Works for me" I said and left it as that.

I think it will be cool that she was here for it no matter if she sat down in the basement praying her little heart out or if she was with me in a corner praying her heart out. I have two concerns: I don't want to wait till the 12 to have a baby but I don't want to have a baby too many days before she gets here either. My other concern is do I even want her at the actual birth? I don't know why it's such a quandry for me about having people here. Ideally, I would love to just give birth w/out any one around, lick my baby clean and then get into a clean bed. Just joking, I don't have an ideal birth in my head, but I was sure happy w/ how crispin's turned out. Didn't see that coming but it was a scenario that played out in my favor.

This would complete our "bookend baby" theory w/ having her here since she was here for S birth back in 1994. We will see how it all plays out. All I know is that one thing that was on my mind heavy is now scratched off the list and I am feeling pretty good about it all. You gotta love the power of faith!

Today, I am cleaning my house like a mad woman, things are bothering me and I have to get to them today or else I will go bananas. I wanted to get to them yesterday, but Clint wanted to go fishing w/ the boys, so we all went and got rained out, but the boys had fun. This is our last week together before school starts on the 5 and I hope we can all have some fun - cleaning!

3 Comments:

Blogger purplelurple said...

It is nice that your mam could come out and a true blessing. I dont think I could have either of my daughters without my mom there.

4:37 PM  
Blogger leaner said...

Ditto, really I can't imagine my births without my mom there. Especially Gwennie's because I really needed her support during it.

I am sure that your mama will be there just in time for whatever it is that you need her for.

9:36 PM  
Blogger TLC said...

I think birth for me is something that is "from within" I can only draw upon my own strength ultimately-No matter who is present. BUT I do *need/rely* on my mom's prayers for the births no matter if she is far or near. She's a prayer warrior and her prayers are full of conviction and power that I am automatically put at ease no matter the situation. She's awesome and it will be nice for her to be here at any stage in the game.

I can't wait!!Besides a baby- I have something else to look forward to!

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home