Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Slime, socks and silver linings...

So on Monday we find out that our case has been closed! Closed since Sept. 6! Of course that just throws Clint and I in an upheaval. He had been deligently calling our case worker AND 2 of her supervisors every week at least 2 or 3 times and leaving messages on their VM for the last 3 weeks. The last time I had called was 2 weeks after the 6th and she was such a BIOTCH that I swore I would never call her again. This is grating on Clint's nerves the whole time because I refuse to deal with her and he's had to be the one calling AND do school work too. So, that had been a heated debate in itself and then to top it off unbeknown to us our case was closed because of not having the papers turned in on time. I spoke with her on Sept. 10 because all th forms she requested hadn't been sent back to us and she said she would extend it by 5 days. I guess she forgot and shut our case when she noticed the forms not in by the 6th. Very annoying and I find myself getting worked up on just the thought of it all. So, Clint requested a hearing because we were not properly notified and I will be there re-applying on Thursday. I hope we don't need to prove anything from Clint's old employment because they send it directly to the office and I think it gets lost in the shuffle. I had all the other forms sent back to us and then we made copies before we turned them in. I hate this kind of rig-a-ma-role when things get screwed up like that -it really affects us - not just money or lack of health insurance (Thank God - we didn't take Crispin to the ER!) but it throws Clint and I for a loop and before you know it we are acting like we are not on the same team. I can totally handle all the other shit but when we are divided like that - that is what gets me thinking that I would rather be someplace else! Again, I am happy for short lived emotions - give me a few hours and I'm good to go. Of course I had to call mom and let it out and take a couple of Excedrin PM's during the day - just joking I took them at bedtime.

I will get there bright and early tomorrow and pray that we get another case worker that has some empathy and that our old case worker gets her fingers stuck in a stapler! Part of me wants to go ghetto on her if I see her - like she needs to know how she has screwed us over. The other part of me takes inventory of all that we have and how we could be in a worse place with all this.

Yesterday I thought was a good day to try to wrap my head around a sock pattern. I found a very nice step by step tutorial with great instructions and pictures online. I'm starting at the top of the sock and have about 1/4 of inch done. I'm hoping that tomorrow while I'm waiting to see the case worker, I can get to the heel part. That is where my head starts to spin. I will probably have at least 1 to 2 hours of sitting there, so it will be perfect timing. K is taking Crispin for me - bless her!

Since last Friday, Crispin seems to be doing much better with the marathon nursing. He's taken an interest in food and in milk from a cup. If I tell him "no nurse -- get your milk" he jumps out of my lap and finds his cup and forgets all about nursing. It's down to 3 times a day. Once in the morning and once before nap then he nurses to sleep. Last night he only woke up once to nurse! I can handle one or the other - if he marathon nurses during the day and at night - I will go nuts! So, I am finding much pleasure in this turn of events. It's the silver lining in the muck!

3 Comments:

Blogger lvh said...

It's always easy when you are mad at someone that you can't easily yell at for many reasons, to take it out on those who are nearest and dearest to you. John and I both used to get so upset with the people we worked with and it made it hard to not get mad at each other. We finally just started saying "I'm not the enemy" if the other person started blowing up a little. It just helped to remind us that we are both on the same side.

9:20 AM  
Blogger leaner said...

It is hard to remember that your spouse is not the enemy. They are your teammate, even when it seems like they are not.

Crispin is a marathon nurser, huh? Funny I thought they outgrew that- or is it that he is going through a stage?

Hope your case gets settled easily. I hate dealing with that crap. Its like those caseworkers don't give a hoot, and sometimes make you feel like YOU are the one in the wrong= even though its them!

10:03 AM  
Blogger TLC said...

Yes, that is the most annoying thing is when Clint and I are divided. It makes things a little more difficult to work through. I do hope it all gets squared away so we can go back to putting our focus on other things.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home